The Holiday Season (aka cookie baking season) is upon us! The bloom team wanted to share some of our favorite cookie recipes with you! Read below to see some of our favorites!
Kaylyn's Gingerbread Cookies:
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Butter or Margarine
- 1 cup Molasses
- 1 egg
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 3 tsps. Cinnamon
- In a big bowl, combine butter and brown sugar until smooth
- Add molasses and an egg
- Mix until everything is combined
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, allspice, cloves, ginger, and cinnamon
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture
- Stir with wooden spoon until all the ingredients are combined into dough
- Shape dough into a ball, place dough in a bowl and cover with plastic
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Separate dough into 3 equal balls. Sprinkle flour lightly onto your countertop
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough balls until they are approx., 1/8 inch thick
- Using a gingerbread cookie cutter, cut out the cookies
- Gently lift the cookies off the counter and place them an inch apart on a greased cookie sheet
- Bake cookies for 5-6 minutes
- Let the cookies cool then decorate!
Mackenzie's Favorite Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 - 3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Add the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder in a saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and oats and drop onto parchment paper.
- Let cool until set, about 10-15 minutes.
Lauren's Favorite Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
We hope you enjoyed these recipes! Do you have a good recipe to share? We'd love to hear it! Leave us a comment below! Happy Holidays #bloomgirl!