October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Did you know 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have been victims of some form of physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime, and on a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide? We've created some free resources to help survivors of domestic abuse (physical and mental) to heal. Click below to download our 100% free positive affirmation wallpapers and coloring book pages, specially created with survivors in mind.
How Else Can You Help?
- Share these free resources with survivors
- Donate your time and/or money to support your local domestic violence program.
- Contact your representatives to let them know federal programs supporting survirors are important to you
- Speak up the next time you see or hear a microaggression
- Vote—federal, state, and local elections are all important
- Offer support and stability to a child experiencing domestic violence. Simply being there can make a difference in that child’s life
- Tell someone they matter
- Support women-and people of color- owned business in your community
FREE PHONE WALLPAPER AFFIRMATIONS
Click the image below and navigate to the PHONE WALLPAPERS tab
FREE THERAPEUTIC COLORING PAGES
Click the image below and navigate to the COLORING BOOK PAGES tab
We hope others find these free resources valuable and helpful. If you someone you know are in danger call 911 or reach the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 or TTY 1-800-787-3224. One of the main myths we have about domestic violence is that it's only physical, but part of the important work during this month is to help break down that stereotype. If you're experiencing non-physical abuse, we encourage you to check out https://www.joinonelove.org/. We would like to thank Dr. Emily Bonistall Postel, Ph.D., from the Center for Research on Violence Against Women in the Department of Sociology at the University of Kentucky and her class for helping us craft these free resources!
-the bloom daily planners team